Visiting Hours and Polices
St. Vincent’s Medical Center welcomes and encourages family and friends to visit patients. In fact, if the patient permits, we believe that spending time with loved ones is an important part of the healing process.
For the safety of our patients, their caregivers and visitors, we ask you to limit visits to the hours specified below. Times and rules vary depending on the unit you are visiting.
Friends and relatives may call the hospital's patient information line at 203-576-5432 anytime between 6am – 9pm to find out a patient's room and telephone number.
*SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS STATED BELOW
- Medical, Telemetry, Surgical Units 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Oncology Unit Unrestricted for care partners
- Intensive Care Units on Level 8 Unrestricted for care partners
- Cardiovascular Unit on Level 8 Unrestricted for care partners
- Psychiatric Unit (9E) Saturday-Sunday 1:00 pm-3:00 pm, 6:00pm -8:00 pm, Monday-Friday 12:30 pm-1:30 pm, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm.
- Family Birthing Center
- Labor & Delivery -The patient may have two designated support people present at all times with a third support person at the discretion of the primary RN and the obstetrician.
- Postpartum - One support person is encouraged to stay overnight to assist the patient with the newborn. Minors are not permitted to stay overnight.
- Special Care Nursery -Parents may visit 24 hours a day except during shift report, generally 7:00-8:00 am, 3:00-4:00 pm, 7:00-8:00 pm and 11:00pm-12:00am. Parents or support persons may designate other visitors where accompanied by a banded parent of the infant. Siblings over the age of three may visit providing they supply a copy of up to date immunizations and are not ill. All visitors in the Special Care Nursery are limited to two at a time. Use of cell phones and other elective devices are prohibited while visiting in the Special Care Nursery.
Care Partners are not limited to the hours listed above.
Who is a Care Partner?