During Your Visit
Welcome to St. Vincent’s Medical Center. We’re here to make your stay or visit as pleasant and convenient as possible. Your health and safety are of the utmost importance to us. For that reason, St. Vincent's is a smoke-free campus; no smoking is permitted in the Medical Center or on property.
In the main lobby, you’ll find the Seton Gift Shop, our Coffee Bar, an ATM machine, St. Vincent’s Career Opportunity station, and charging stations for your cell phones and devices. Just off the main level are St. Vincent’s Outpatient Pharmacy and the Virginia O’Brien Fortin Chapel. Visitors may arrange to have mail, flowers and gifts delivered to the patient’s room. Free wireless internet is also available and large screen TVs are available in the main lobby and Emergency Department waiting room. Public restrooms are located on every floor. Cell phones are permitted only in certain areas.
- In-Room Amenities: Free television and phone service available in every room. Hair and nail appointments available (203) 556-4639. Housekeeping services are 24/7.
- Patient Resource Centers: Computers and reading materials are available for health-related information searches in the Vivian and Richard F. Kral Family Resource Center in the Medical Center’s Banks Library on Level 3 and the Maureen Ringel Cancer Resource Library in the Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM Cancer Center.
- Lost & Found: Contact Safety & Security (203) 576-5543.
Visitors can enjoy a meal in the Our Daily Bread restaurant or at the coffee bar. Our professionally trained chefs and courteous staff can accommodate your special dietary needs. Vending machines are available in the cafeteria as well.
- Our Daily Bread, Level C: Open 7 days/week. Breakfast: 6:30 am-10:30 am Lunch: 11:15 am-2 pm Snack: 2:30 pm-4 pm Dinner: 4:30 pm-7 pm Click here for restaurant menu.
- Coffee Bar, Main Lobby: Open 7 days/week. Serves a variety of coffee flavors, tea, hot chocolate, salads, sandwiches and other snacks. Mon.-Fri.: 6:30 am – 6 pm Sat.-Sun.: 6:30 am – 2 pm.
- Patient Nutrition Services: DIAL 5300 from inside the hospital. Call (203) 576-5300 from outside the hospital. Open 7 am-7 pm
If you need an interpreter, please dial "0" for the main switchboard and make your translation request. The Language Line is available in 170 languages and available 24/7 at all St. Vincent's locations.
Please alert your nurse if you or a family member/loved one have challenges with vision or hearing so we may better assist you. For assistance with any of these services, please dial 0 from within the medical center, or (203) 576-6000.
The Language Access Network (LAN) provides video conferencing interpretation including sign language.
American Sign Language, transliteration, oral and tactile services are provided by certified interpreters who are registered with the Commission on the Deaf and Hearing Impaired.
The multi-denominational staff is dedicated to providing quality spiritual care and support for our patients, their families and our staff along with supporting community clergy in their ministries to our patients. Meditation and worship rooms are located adjacent to the Main Lobby.
The Security Department ensures the safety and protection of patients, visitors, employee, and institutional property through the enforcement of policies and procedures 24/7. The department responsibilities include the overall security and safety of the Medical Center as well as off-site locations and parking sites. Escort service to your vehicle is available: (203) 576-5543.
Patient Relations help patients, their families and visitors get answers to questions, or listen to and follow up on your concerns or complaints.
This multi-disciplinary group provides consultation to physicians, nurses, and other managerial and professional staff as well as to patients and families. If you or a family is experiencing an ethical concern or dilemma concerning the care at St. Vincent’s, please dial "0" and ask for an Ethics Representative.
It's important for the patient to talk with family and health care professionals about their medical preferences. St. Vincent’s can help you with advanced care planning including advanced directives, living wills/health instruction and health representative power of attorney. To speak to a St. Vincent’s social worker about advance care planning, call (203) 576-5608.
St. Vincent’s guidelines for becoming a designated Patient Care Partner during a patient’s hospital stay help loved ones get the best care possible.