Orthopedic Surgery At St. Vincent's
The Orthopedic Center at St. Vincent’s realizes that motion is something that many of us take for granted until illness, injury or the normal aging process threatens to take it away.
Something may happen that causes you to become unable to perform everyday activities and for some, pain has become a way of life.
We offer a full range of services to help relieve pain and assist you to return to an active lifestyle. Whether you're a runner who needs a knee replacement, an athlete with a torn ligament, or a worker who has had a back injury, you can rely on our team of highly skilled orthopaedic specialists to provide expert diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
St. Vincent’s orthopedic physicians and surgeons are dedicated to finding the right path to treatment for every patient whose pain or difficulty arises out of a musculoskeletal disease, condition or injury. From our experts in sports medicine to our superbly skilled surgeons able to perform the latest delicate, minimally invasive spinal procedures, St. Vincent’s can offer the help you need.
Categories of musculoskeletal conditions and diseases
Categories of musculoskeletal conditions and diseases evaluated and medically or surgically addressed by orthopedic specialists at St. Vincent’s include:
- Trauma and sports injuries
- effects of degenerative disease
- congenital conditions
Swift, emergency orthopedic response to trauma injuries is available at St. Vincent’s state-of-the-art emergency department and neighborhood Urgent Care Walk-In centers are able to provide emergency care for individuals with broken bones.
Our St. Vincent’s multidisciplinary orthopedic team.
If you have ever experienced a serious joint, bone or muscle issue, or have known the agony of a torn ligament or a ruptured disc, you’ll understand how valuable it is to have access to a team of physicians, surgeons, anesthesiologists, radiologists and other medical professionals who are all expert in their disciplines. There is no substitute for the comprehensive evaluation and care of the musculoskeletal system’s complex problems that our patients receive at St. Vincent’s, which includes:
- examination and consultation by orthopedists (also called orthopods) at the top of their field;
- imaging in our state-of-the-art radiology department by board-certified radiologists with up-to-date training on advanced technological equipment;
- the services of nationally respected, highly skilled surgeons when required, assisted by
- anesthesiologists expert in the most advanced, effective and safe anesthesiology and pain control methods;
- skilled and experienced advanced practice registered nurses;
- and physical therapists whose knowledge, training and expert methods promote faster healing and return to normal activity levels.
St. Vincent's Medicial Center: Surgical expertise when you need it most.
To find a St. Vincent’s physician who can discuss your health concerns or those of a loved one, please click on our FIND A DOCTOR tool and search by specialty, practice, location or keyword. We’re here to help you locate the medical expert you need.
To speak with a St. Vincent's Care Line representative, call (877) 255-7847
To speak with somone at the front desk of the Medical Center, please call (203) 576-6000
Click in for St. Vincent's Medical Center DIRECTIONS | MAPS | PARKING information