Take a Video Tour
No Knife. No Pain.
Choosing Novalis Tx™ Radiosurgery means making no compromises on your treatment—a painless, non-invasive outpatient procedure for cancerous and non-cancerous conditions of the entire body. Novalis Tx Radiosurgery uses a treatment beam contoured to the exact shape of your tumor, precisely delivering treatment while protecting surrounding healthy tissue.
Treatment sessions last just minutes, not hours. Novalis Tx Radiosurgery—giving new hope to patients with tumors once considered untreatable.
Tumor Treatment Tailored to Your Needs
Being diagnosed with a tumor or lesion brings about many challenges, concerns and questions. Novalis Tx Radiosurgery ensures that you receive the best possible treatment for your individual diagnosis.
Novalis Tx Radiosurgery Benefits
Novalis Tx Radiosurgery represents a new standard in radiosurgery, offering advanced technologies that deliver highly precise, fast treatment.
- Shapes the radiation beam to match the exact contour of the tumor or lesion, ensuring the maximum prescribed dose of high-energy radiation is delivered to the entire tumor
- Protects surrounding healthy tissue
- Adapts the treatment beam to breathing and other body movements to continuously maintain safe, complete and accurate dose delivery
- Non-invasive, outpatient procedure lasts just 15 to 20 minutes, rather than hours, for a more comfortable and less restricted treatment experience than other radiosurgery devices
- Reduces the likelihood of patient or tumor movements, ensuring the highest possible level of treatment accuracy
- Treatment can take place in a single day, although your doctor will decide if your treatment should be administered in a single dose or in a series of doses
- Employs a wide range of treatment modalities, ensuring you receive the best treatment for your individual case versus one treatment modality with other radiosurgery devices
- Delivers the industry’s highest dose rate, penetrating deeper to treat tumors previously considered untreatable
- Offers hope to patients with clinical conditions once considered untreatable and those for whom surgery is not an option
- Frameless radiosurgery offers a more patient-friendly alternative to other radiosurgery devices that require immobilization with a head ring that attaches to the skull.
Non-invasive option for early stage lung cancer
St. Vincent’s Elizabeth M. Pfriem Center for Radiation Therapy is now offering patients a new non-invasive option for early stage lung cancer referred to as stereotactic body radiation therapy or SBRT (equivalent to the cyberknife). Radiosurgery refers to the precise delivery of high doses of radiation therapy to small regions with pinpoint accuracy. This technology is similar to that developed for the treatment of brain tumors, which has been in use for decades. Click in to read more about SBRT advanced procedure for early stage lung cancer
offered at St. Vincent's Medical Center.
Discuss Novalis Tx Radiosurgery with your doctor to find out if it’s right for you. For additional information on Novalis Tx Radiosurgery, visit PoweringHope.com
St. Vincent's Medicial Center: Surgical expertise when you need it most.
To find a St. Vincent's physician who can discuss your health concerns or those of a loved one, please click on our FIND A DOCTOR tool and search by specialty, practice, location or keyword. We're here to help you locate the medical expert you need.