Treatments, Procedures & Services
In addition to diagnostic imaging services and other procedures and services, a number of minimally invasive treatments and procedures are performed at St. Vincent’s Radiology Department using state-of-the-art radiology equipment. St. Vincent’s radiologists are board-certified and experts in their field. Along with these advanced-specialty-trained radiologists and skilled technologists, a physician’s assistant is on staff daily in the Radiology Department.
Treatment and Services
The interventional treatments, procedures and services performed here include:
- Arteriorgrams (using special dye to see inside the arteries)
- Angiograms (using dye to see how blood flows through the heart)
- Endovascular Embolization (for treatment of abnormal blood vessels)
- Laser Varicose Vein Ablation (for shrinking varicose veins)
- Thrombolysis of Dialysis Grafts (to improve blood flow)
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE procedure, to shrink fibroid tumors; see also women’s health services at St. Vincent’s )
- Porta Cath placement (portal catheter insertion)
- Picc Line placement (peripherally inserted central catheter)
- Radiofrequency ablation (cancer treatment)
- Microwave ablation (cancer treatment)
- Y90 (advanced liver cancer treatment)
- Chemoembolization (to block blood supply from tumors)
- Vertebroplasty (to treat vertebral compression fractures)
St. Vincent’s Department of Radiology excels in offering the most up-to-date scanning services. Our radiologists and technical and support staff are trained in leading-edge technologies and maintain best-practices standards. They are able to provide immediate comprehensive inpatient imaging services 24 hours a day in Radiology’s pristine, comfortable setting.
Widely respected in the region as a vital community resource, St. Vincent’s Department of Radiology has earned multi-modality accreditations by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
To find a St. Vincent’s physician who can discuss your health concerns or those of a loved one, please click on our FIND A DOCTOR tool and search by specialty, practice, location or keyword. We’re here to help you locate the medical expert you need.
To speak with a St. Vincent's Care Line representative, call (877) 255-7847
To speak with somone at the front desk of the Medical Center, please call (203) 576-6000
Click in for St. Vincent's Medical Center DIRECTIONS | MAPS | PARKING information
For outpatient services at Radiology, call (203) 576-5917. A testing availability schedule may be viewed on our Appointments page.