Stroke is a medical emergency.
If you believe you or someone near you is having a stroke, call 911 immediately!
St. Vincent’s Primary Stroke Center of Excellence offers comprehensive life-saving stroke services, including:
• A stroke team with expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of stroke on call 24/7
• Rapid medical attention in our Emergency Department using stroke protocols
• Stroke director board certified in neurology and fellowship trained in vascular critical-care neurology
• Stroke task force
• Neurosurgical services available 24/7
• 24/7 radiology support
• 24/7 laboratory Support
• State-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit
• A designated stroke unit dedicated to stroke care
• Catheterization Lab equipped for carotid artery interventions
• Early identification of rehabilitation needs and inclusion of the patient and family for follow-up stroke care
• Stroke rounds twice a week involving a multidisciplinary team
• Stroke support group
• Community stroke awareness
• Stroke screenings
• Opportunities for participation in stroke research studies
• Up-to-date acute rehabilitation unit
St. Vincent’s Medical Center has received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes St. Vincent’s commitment and success in implementing excellent care for stroke patients. Key measures reviewed include immediate use by the Stroke Center of effective medications and therapies as well as smoking-cessation.
Our goal at St. Vincent’s Primary Stroke Center is to decrease the number of strokes; to give both hope and assistance to those who have suffered stroke; and to help those in our community who been touched by stroke.
To find a St. Vincent’s physician who can discuss your health concerns or those of a loved one, please click on our FIND A DOCTOR tool and search by specialty, practice, location or keyword. We’re here to help you locate the medical expert you need.
To speak with a St. Vincent's Care Line representative, call (877) 255-7847
To speak with somone at the front desk of the Medical Center, please call (203) 576-6000
Click in for St. Vincent's Medical Center DIRECTIONS | MAPS | PARKING information