Therapeutic Treatment Services
St. Vincent’s Regional Heart and Vascular Center offers a comprehensive state-of-the-art program with advanced technology and a history of innovation for treatment of cardiovascular disease. Medical professionals from many cardiac specialties come together to deliver the highest level of care and a multi-disciplinary approach across a broad range of services including prevention, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and research.
St. Vincent’s Regional Heart and Vascular Center takes cardiac care to the next level with outstanding results in the areas of:
- cardiovascular medicine
- interventional cardiology including cardiac catheterization
- electrophysiology services that encompass placement of pacemakers, defibrillators, and catheter treatment of arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation
- complex cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgery including coronary artery bypass and advanced repair of the thoracic aorta
- minimally invasive cardiac surgery including coronary artery bypass, heart valve repair, correction of atrial fibrillation and endoscopic vein harvesting
- structural heart procedures including placement of heart assist devices, correction of heart chamber defects, and in the near future, treatment of certain forms of high blood pressure and valve disorders
- surgical and non-surgical vascular treatment for carotid and peripheral vascular obstructions and aortic aneurysms
- congestive heart failure treatment including a comprehensive outpatient clinic
- noninvasive imaging in nationally accredited lab with state of the art echocardiography and nuclear cardiology equipment.
- cardiac rehabilitation in nationally accredited program
- prevention and support services including the Women at Heart Program, health fairs and cardiac screening programs.
- research and clinical trials
- Cardiovascular education, lecture series and community outreach
Specialists at St. Vincent’s have achieved outstanding results in invasive cardiology procedures such as angioplasty and primary or emergency angioplasty for treatment of heart attacks. St. Vincent’s has been recognized over the years for its pioneering role in the development of emergency angioplasty for heart attack treatment.
Most recently, it has been recognized nationally for its open heart surgery program which includes coronary artery bypass, and for its minimally invasive cardiac surgery program, which includes techniques to perform endoscopic vein harvesting for coronary artery disease, to correct atrial fibrillation, and for valve repair.
To find a St. Vincent’s physician who can discuss your health concerns or those of a loved one, please click on our FIND A DOCTOR tool and search by specialty, practice, location or keyword. We’re here to help you locate the medical expert you need.
To speak with a St. Vincent's Care Line representative, call (877) 255-7847
To speak with somone at the front desk of the Medical Center, please call (203) 576-6000
Click in for St. Vincent's Medical Center DIRECTIONS | MAPS | PARKING information