Cancer Screenings and Prevention
Cancer prevention and assessement services - 203-576-5179
Screening and prevention have played a large part of the improved survival that is currently being realized with many cancers. Early detection and identification of cancer is the key to life - literally. If you live in Fairfield County or New Haven County in CT or Westchester County NY, St. Vincent's offers you potentially life-saving screening services.
For more information on cancer screenings and prevention, please call 203-576-5179.
St. Vincent's Cancer Screening Programs Include:
Cancer screenings and/or consultations can also be scheduled by appointment . Search by cancer type
The Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM Center for Cancer Care
The Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM Center for Cancer Care is accredited with commendation by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
Criteria for accreditation include a relationship with the American Cancer Society (ACS)
and a representative from the ACS is a member of our Hospital Committee on Cancer. In addition St. Vincent’s Medical Center is recognized for excellence as follows:
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC): Received Outstanding Achievement Award with Accreditation 2012.
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC): Accredited for the second time as a Breast Center of Excellence.
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center announced Nov. 19, 2012 that it has become one of only three hospitals in Connecticut to achieve Magnet recognition for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- In 2013, for the second year in a row, St. Vincent’s has received an “A” Hospital Safety Score ™ from the Leapfrog Group; only one of four hospitals in the state.
- U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals” survey in 2013 ranked St. Vincent’s as the #1 hospital in both Bridgeport and in the Western Connecticut region.
In 2013, St. Vincent’s Medical Center affiliated with MD Anderson Cancer Network™. Through this affiliation, St. Vincent’s is raising the bar for cancer care in collaboration with the nation’s leading cancer center. This puts St. Vincent’s in a position to bring to the Northeast a unique level of access to the evidence based guidelines, treatment plans and best practices developed by the experts at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Click here for additional information about specific cancers listed by ACS, and call the Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM Center for Cancer Care's referral line: 1-877-231-SWIM (7946) for more information.
To find a St. Vincent’s physician who can discuss your health concerns or those of a loved one, please click on our FIND A DOCTOR tool and search by specialty, practice, location or keyword. We’re here to help you locate the medical expert you need.
- To speak with a St. Vincent's Care Line representative, call (877) 255-7847
- To speak with somone at the front desk of the Medical Center, please call (203) 576-6000
- Click in for St. Vincent's Medical Center DIRECTIONS | MAPS | PARKING information