Contacts and Appointments
At the Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM Center for Cancer Care at St. Vincent’s Medical Center, we’re here for you when you need us. Here’s an at-a-glance guide that contains helpful information that also includes a directory of important contacts, so you or your family can reach us directly with any questions or concerns.
Before Your Visit
Pre-registration: A member of the SWIM Center care team will telephone you to set up an appointment for your pre-registration.
On the day of your appointment please register at the site of care
Radiation Oncology, 1st floor of the Cancer Center (one floor below the lobby).
Ambulatory Infusion, 3rd floor of the Cancer Center.
Medical Specialists of Fairfield, 3rd floor of the Cancer Center.
Breast Health Center/Mammography and Ultrasound, 4th floor of the Cancer Center.
You will be asked for demographic information and insurance information. Please bring a photo-ID with you when you arrive.
Your co-payment is due at the time of registration. If you require assistance, we will connect you to a financial counselor to further assist you.
What to bring
Your insurance card(s)
Your co-payment or deductible if applicable (cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
Bring a list of your medications to your appointments (name, dose, and how often you take them). Consult with your physician to make certain there won’t be any drug interactions.
Before your surgery/procedure, be sure you know the date and time you are expected to arrive. If you are arriving for same-day surgery, you may receive sedation or pain medication that will not only impact your ability to drive yourself home, but will prohibit your traveling alone in a taxi or by public transportation. If this is the case, you will need to make arrangements for someone to accompany you to the hospital and to make sure you arrive safely home.
Free parking is available for all cancer patients. Please bring your parking ticket with you to your appointment for validation. Valet parking is available for those in need, also free of charge.
What to Expect on Admission
We will ask you to verify your information for accuracy, place an armband on your wrist, obtain your signature on the consent form, collect your co-payment or deductible if due, and direct you to the appropriate department.
How to Reach Us: Contact Directory
- Ambulatory Infusion Center (203) 576-5249
- Breast Health Center (203) 576-5500 | (203) 576-5501
- Cancer Nurse Navigators (203) 576-5582
- Cancer Registry (203) 576-5169
- Cancer Support Groups (203) 576-6158
- Clinical Trials Information (203) 576-6329
- Department of Oncology (203) 576-6235
- Department of Pathology (203) 576-5032
- Department of Radiology (203) 576-6176
- Department of Surgery (203) 576-5436
- Financial Counseling (203) 576-5829 | (203) 576-5911
- Hereditary Risk Assessment Genetics Program (203) 576-5179
- Inpatient Oncology (203) 576-5767
- Integrative Survivorship Program (203) 576-6083
- Lebo-DeSantie Center for Pancreatic & Liver Disease (203) 576-6235
- Medical Specialists of Fairfield (Medical Oncology) (203) 255-4545
- Mobile Mammography Coach Scheduling (203) 576-5505
- Oncology Associates of Bridgeport, PC (Medical Oncology) (203) 255-2766
- Palliative Care (203) 576-5398
- Pastoral Care (Chaplain) (203) 576-5110
- Patient Referral Line (877) 231-SWIM (7946)
- Prostate Cancer Institute (203) 576-6158
- Radiation Oncology (203) 576-5085
- St. Vincent’s Care Line (877) 255-SVHS (7847)
- SWIM Across the Sound (203) 576-5451
- Other Cancer Services (203) 576-6235