Physical Therapy (PT), Occupational Therapy (OT) and Speach Therapy (ST) services
Cancer treatments can be difficult on the body. At St. Vincent’s Medical Center, we offer rehabilitative services to get you back to your life as fast as possible.
Our certified therapists are dedicated to providing state-of-the-art therapy tailored to meet your individual needs with the goal of restoring your abilities.
Tools used to help improve your day-to-day life.
- Occupational therapy to help improve life skills and make you more independent
- Physical therapy to allow you to move effectively in all environments
- Lymphedema Management to help control the buildup of fluid and swelling after cancer surgery or radiation. Education and training is provided by licensed physical and occupational therapists that are certified in lymphedema management.
- Breast Cancer Wellness Program is for women who have recently undergone breast cancer surgery as well as long-term breast cancer survivors. Certified occupational and physical therapists provide education and resources to help women recover and heal.
- Speech Therapy is for individuals who may have experienced treatment for head and neck and esophageal cancers. They assist with swallowing, talking, chewing, etc.
The Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM Center for Cancer Care
The Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM Center for Cancer Care is accredited with commendation by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
Criteria for accreditation include a relationship with the American Cancer Society (ACS) and a representative from the ACS is a member of our Hospital Committee on Cancer.
Click in for additional information about specific cancers listed by ACS, and call the Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM Center for Cancer Care's referral line: 1-877-231-SWIM (7946) for more informaton.
To find a St. Vincent’s physician who can discuss your health concerns or those of a loved one, please click on our FIND A DOCTOR tool and search by specialty, practice, location or keyword. We’re here to help you locate the medical expert you need.
To speak with a St. Vincent's Care Line representative, call (877) 255-7847
To speak with somone at the front desk of the Medical Center, please call (203) 576-6000
Click in for St. Vincent's Medical Center DIRECTIONS | MAPS | PARKING information