Appointments and Admissions
We're there when you need us.
Before your procedure
You will be called to your appointment to preregister. We will ask you for demographic information and insurance information. Copay is due at the time of registration. If necessary, you will be referred to a financial counselor.
If you will be an inpatient, you will receive a call from the nurse the day or evening before to give you your time and instructions.
What to bring|what not to bring
- Your insurance card(s)
- Your copay or deductible if applicable (cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
- If you are staying overnight, you may bring your medications or a list of them (name, dose, and how often you take them). Consult with your physician to make certain there won’t be any drug interactions.
Before your surgery/procedure, be sure you know the date and time you are expected to arrive. It is also important to determine whether someone should accompany you to the hospital and accompany you home. If you are coming for same-day surgery, you may receive sedation or pain medication that will not only impact your ability to drive yourself home, but will prohibit your traveling alone in a taxi or by public transportation.
Free Parking is available for all cancer patients. Please bring your parking ticket with you to your appointment for validation. Valet parking is available for those in need, also free of charge.
What to Expect on Admission
We will ask you to verify your information for accuracy, place an armband on your wrist, obtain your signature on the consent form, collect your copay or deductible if due, and direct you to the appropriate department.
- If you are a radiation oncology patient, please register in the Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM Center for Cancer Care lobby fifteen minutes prior to your appointment.
- If you are an ambulatory infusion patient, you will be contacted the day before your appointment to pre-register. On the day of appointment, please report to the Ambulatory Infusion Center reception desk on the 3rd floor of the Cancer Center.
- For a doctor’s appointment with Medical Specialists of Fairfield, please register at the reception desk on the 3rd floor of the Cancer Center.
- For doctor’s appointments other than mentioned above, please see the reception desk on the 3rd floor of the Cancer Center.
- Ambulatory Infusion Center 203-576-5249
- Cancer Nurse Navigators 203-576-5582
- Cancer Registry 203-576-5169
- Cancer Support Groups 203-576-6158
- Clinical Trials Information 203-576-6329
- Department of Oncology 203-576-6235
- Department of Pathology 203-576-5032
- Department of Radiology 203-576-6176
- Department of Surgery 203-576-5436
- Financial Counseling (203) 576-5829 | (203) 576-5911
- Hereditary Risk Assessment Genetics Program 203-576-5179
- Inpatient Oncology 203-576-5767
- Integrative Survivorship Program 203-576-6083
- Lebo-DeSantie Center for Pancreatic & Liver Disease 203-576-6235
- Medical Specialists of Fairfield (Medical Oncology) 203-255-4545
- Mobile Mammography Coach Scheduling 203-576-5505
- Oncology Associates of Bridgeport, PC (Medical Oncology) 203-255-2766
- Palliative Care 203-576-5398
- Pastoral Care (Chaplain) 203-576-5110
- Patient Referral Line 1-877-231-SWIM (7946)
- Prostate Cancer Institute 203-576-6158
- Radiation Oncology 203-576-5085
- St. Vincent’s Care Line 1-877-255-SVHS (7847)
- SWIM Across the Sound 203-576-5451
- Women’s Imaging Center (203) 576-5500 | (203) 576-5501
- Other Cancer Services 203-576-6235
The Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM Center for Cancer Care
The Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM Center for Cancer Care is accredited with commendation by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
Criteria for accreditation include a relationship with the American Cancer Society (ACS) and a representative from the ACS is a member of our Hospital Committee on Cancer.
Click in for additional information about specific cancers listed by ACS, and call the Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM Center for Cancer Care's referral line: 1-877-231-SWIM (7946) for more informaton.
To find a St. Vincent’s physician who can discuss your health concerns or those of a loved one, please click on our FIND A DOCTOR tool and search by specialty, practice, location or keyword. We’re here to help you locate the medical expert you need.
To speak with a St. Vincent's Care Line representative, call (877) 255-7847
To speak with somone at the front desk of the Medical Center, please call (203) 576-6000
Click in for St. Vincent's Medical Center DIRECTIONS | MAPS | PARKING information