Medical Care for the Homeless, Disabled Adults, Frail Elderly...and Others Outside the Reach of Help
If you have a family member or a client who is not receiving medical care due to a physical, psychological, or other barrier, we can help. The St. Vincent's Medical Center Outreach Program provides 24-hour comprehensive primary healthcare and social services to people who are unable to access existing systems.
Services are provided by an interdisciplinary team including:
• Registered Nurses
• Social Worker/Counselor
• Van Driver
Ongoing - Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Hope Dispensary - Hours: Mon, Tues, & Thurs: 9 am - 4:30 pm
(closed for lunch 12:30 pm - 1 pm)
Who Qualifies for Outreach:
• The patient must be a resident of the city of Bridgeport. Exceptions may be made for Geriatric clinic.
• Patients must be unable to access other existing healthcare systems due to physical, psychological, and/or financial reasons.
• The patient has no actively involved primary care physician.
• The patient must be willing to accept ongoing primary care and agrees that Outreach is not a one-time emergency visit.
• Patients must be willing to participate in the intake process so that information can be obtained about their current medical and social service needs in order to develop a plan for their care.
How to Get Help:
Call Outreach at (203) 576-5710 and ask about specific services.
• Prior to being seen by a doctor, patients participate in a short interview conducted by the Social Service Worker or Registered Nurse.
• For those eligible, Outreach will provide primary care to low income, disabled, homeless adults, and frail elderly and homebound persons residing in Bridgeport.
• Outreach also makes home visits when indicated.
• Some patients may be eligible for escorted wheel chair accessible van transportation for medical services, if they cannot use existing community transportation.
• Hope Dispensary of Bridgeport provides free medication to those who qualify
St. Vincent's Neighborhood Health Center
Adult Medicine Center (lower level of the Thomas Merton House)
43 Madison Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Geriatric Clinic Located in the
St. Vincent's Family Health Center
762 Lindley Street
Bridgeport, CT 06606
Medical Home Visits
Held in the patient's home
Department of Health Bldg
752 E. Main Street #170
Bridgeport, CT 06608
St. Vincent’s Medical Center
2800 Main Street
Bridgeport, CT 06606