St. Vincent’s Outreach Program
Helping those in need
St. Vincent’s provides medical care for the homeless, handicapped, frail elderly and others outside the reach of help. If you have a family member or a client who is not receiving medical care due to a physical, psychological or other barrier, St. Vincent’s Outreach program can help.
St. Vincent’s Outreach program seeks to help those who are cut off from care because of physical isolation, disability/frailty, or lack of financial resources. Outreach provides primary care to low income, handicapped, homeless, frail elderly and homebound persons residing in Bridgeport.
Our interdisciplinary team
The 24-hour comprehensive primary healthcare and social worker services are provided by an interdisciplinary team including:
- Registered Nurses
- Social Worker/Counselor
- Van Driver
Who qualifys for outreach services
To access Outreach services, individuals must be:
- Residents of the city of Bridgeport
- Unable to access other existing healthcare systems are provided with ongoing primary care through this program.
- The patient should have no actively involved primary physician.
- The patient must be willing to accept ongoing primary care and agrees that Outreach is not a one-time emergency visit.
- Patients must be willing to participate in the intake process so that information can be obtained about their current medical and social service needs in order to develop a plan for their care.
- Patients must participate in a short interview conducted by the social service worker or registered nurse prior to being seen by a doctor.
- St. Vincent’s Geriatric Clinic:
Located in St. Vincent’s Family Health Center, 762 Lindley Street, Bridgeport, CT, 06606
- St. Vincent’s Neighborhood Health Center
Adult Medicine Center, located on the lower level of the Thomas Merton Center, a soup kitchen, 43 Madison Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06604
Home Medical Visits (in the patient’s home)
Prior to the doctor visiting a patient’s home, qualifying patients must participate in a short interview conducted by the social service worker or registered nurse.
Some patients may be eligible for escorted wheelchair accessible van transportation for medical services, if they cannot use existing transportation.
Outreach Provides Geriatric Medical Services
Being alone while enduring worsening health is a fact of life for many of our elderly citizens. St. Vincent’s Outreach provides a geriatric assessment at the Family Health Center to evaluate older individuals and a range of geriatric medical services to assist the elderly who do not have access to resources. (Link to Geriatric Services & Programs page)
For more information on Outreach services, please call 203-576-5710 Monday through Friday from 8am -4:30pm.
Financial Aid and Insurance Assistance
Would you like to speak with one of our financial aid representatives or learn more about St. Vincent's financial assistance programs? Read our frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding bill pay or financing hospital services, call us and make an appointment, or download, print and fill out a financial aid application here.