The Mission of St. Vincent’s Medical Center is rooted in the healing ministry of Jesus, we commit to provide quality, holistic care to all faiths with special concern for those who are poor, vulnerable and underserved.
St. Vincent’s affirms the sanctity and dignity of human life.
We are dedicated to:
- Committing its outreach to the vulnerable and medically underserved.
- Providing a caring and competent staff to ensure quality patient care.
- Stewarding of healthcare resources.
- Creating an environment that affirms its employees and physicians.
- St. Vincent’s is called to serve its communities by integrating into its daily work the Core Values of Service to the
- Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication.
St. Vincent’s Community Benefit Programs & Activities provide treatment or promote health and healing as a response to identified community needs.
To accomplish our mission, we:
- Enhance the public health and quality of life of the community.
- Improve access to health services. This includes reducing any geographic, financial or cultural barriers to
- accessing health services that may exist among the people the program seeks to serve.
- Advance medical or healthcare knowledge through education or research that benefits the public.
- Relieve or reduce the burden of government or other community efforts and enhance current public any ongoing public healthcare efforts.
Our mission for our Community Benefit Programs is to continue St. Vincent’s commitment to improving the health of the community for all.
Those who live in poverty and at the margins of our society have a moral priority for services
Not-for-profit healthcare has a responsibility to work toward improved health in the communities they serve.
Healthcare facilities should actively involve community members, organizations and agencies in their community benefit programs.
Healthcare organizations should be held accountable to the community by demonstrating the value and importance of their community services.
Community Benefit Programs must be integrated throughout healthcare organizations.
Leadership commitment is required for successful community benefit programs.