Patient and Family Advisory Board
Ensuring Patient and Family Centered Care
In 2007, St. Vincent’s Medical Center created a Patient and Family Advisory Board (“PFAB”) to serve as counsel on a variety of issues related to providing patient/family centered care. PFAB acts as an advisory committee to the Medical Center Board of Directors, administration and staff.
Responsibilities of the Patient and Family Advisory Board (PFAB) include:
- Ensuring that care at St. Vincent’s Medical Center is patient/family centered
- Bringing patient/family needs and concerns to the Medical Center’s staff and leadership
- Ensuring that St. Vincent’s provides an environment that promotes trust, respect, equity and fairness
- Improving patient and family satisfaction
- Guiding the Medical Center’s priorities and planning; and
- Further building a positive relationship between St. Vincent’s Medical Center and the community.
Ninety percent of the board consists of volunteers who have been patients at the Medical Center and/or are family members of patients, with the remaining 10 percent consisting of hospital staff members. The board meets monthly, and its members serve on various hospital committees and task forces. Suggestions and recommendations of the PFAB are routed directly to hospital administration. Through the PFAB, the Medical Center has given a meaningful voice to patients and families.
Would you like to be a part of the Patient and Family Advisory Board? We invite you to submit an application form or use the contact information below for further information.
Department of Patient Relations
St. Vincent’s Medical Center
2800 Main Street
Bridgeport, CT 06606